Property Sales Acquisitions and Leases
Following significant legal review, this module was updated in August 2014. The changes to the module reflect the following:
- full review and update with relation to 2010, 2012, 2014 amendments to the Local Government Act 2002 affecting decision-making, general purposes and principles and references to significance policies.
- legislative amendments to the Reserves Act including a new Ministerial Instrument of Delegation that has broadened delegations to territorial authorities acting as administering bodies.
- review and updating of references made to both the Property Law Act and Public Works Act.
- review of case law examples throughout the module. Insertion of current case law examples to assist interpretation and understanding.
- updated references to LINZ standards and guidelines.
- updated references to ADLS/REINZ agreement.
- reviewing current references and inserting where applicable references to the Resource Management Act,Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Act 2014;the Residential Tenancies Act and other applicable Acts.
- Request for Sale Received
- Review of Property to Determine if Property is Required
- Decision Making
- Public Work Aspects of Sale
- Offer Back
- Disposal of Parks, Reserves and Endowment Land
- Sale Process
- Sale Settlement Process
- Identification of Property That Meets the Purposes and Needs
- Acquisition Process
- Completion of Acquisition Process
- Compulsory Acquisition
- Leasing Classification
- Reserve Leasing Classification
- All Other Types of Leasing